Monday, May 26, 2008

Make That Wind Work For Ya'

OK, I know I said that my next post was going to be about where to put the $$; camera body or lenses but I wanted to get this one posted for memorial Day.








Sometimes we just have to take what Mother nature throws at us. I was out taking shots around dawn on Saturday and it was REALLY windy, as it often is here in North Texas. I wanted a shot of the red, white and blue bunting at the station for the Grapevine Vintage Rail Road but the wind had it whipping something fierce. So, I took advantage of that and set my camera to use rear-curtain-sync flash. The exposure was 1 second at f/20. The long exposure allowed the camera to capture the movement of the bunting and the flash froze the motion at the end of the exposure and added the in-focus portion to the image - visible most easily with the stars.




This shot seems kind of fitting for memorial Day.


Here's another shot using similar technique.




No comments: