Monday, May 19, 2008

Here I Go

For most of my adult years (I am 60, closing on 61) I have been a fairly early adopter of things technological. I had a Sinclair computer (remember the one with the cassette drive for storage) , bought a TRS-80 for a project at work (telecommunications network element design) had my own Apple-II Plus (with the added RAM to get me to 64 K!!), did a lot of programming in Basic, etc.

That "jump right in" attitude extended into photography when digital cameras came out. When I got out of the workday world I decided to launch a business based on my hobby of photography and set up a website to offer photos.

So I'm not usually afraid to try new things but doing a blog has always been a bit intimidating. More so, I guess, due to the demands of having something worthwhile to say rather than any fear of getting a blog set up and running (it's very easy).

As the description of this blog states, this is to be a collection of thoughts, musings, facts and frustrations associated with my experiences in things photographic. I'll discuss (and invite comment on) cameras, lenses, what works for me and what doesn't, Lightroom, Bridge, Photoshop, Nikon Capture NX, computers and most anything else that we touch in the pursuit of capturing and perfecting digital images.

Come on along but I ask for just a bit of patience as I work this out and hit my stride.

No comments: